Monday, March 30, 2009

Tough Stuff

My heart is heavy tonight....I have heard of so many different situations over the past couple of days where people are just under attack and going through some really tough stuff! I am praying fervently for all of these situations and know that the Lord will show Himself faithful. My heart breaks to know that Satan's destruction is everywhere, he is so decieving, and he is so hard at work particularly right now!
I love Psalm 18: 28-29 which says, "You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall." I also love how Psalm 18 starts by saying, "The Lord is my rock." He is safe, secure, and immovable. "My fortress" a place of refuge and safety where the enemy cannot penetrate. "My deliverer" a living protector. "My shield" he is stepping between us and harm. "My horn of salvation" he has strength and victorious power to deliver and save us. "My stronghold" he lifts us above the dangers of life. Praise Him that His presence is never far from us as believers and that we can rely on Him to be these thing in our lives when the ground around seems to crumble.

Whether it be drug addiction, job loss, difficulties in marriage, persecution/slander, financial instability, you name it....we all know that He is bigger than it all. But, I also know what it feels like to be in the middle of a storm. It's horrible and hard! Especially when things are to remain unspoken. I'm praying that God would work through it all.

I am just so upset to hear about so many things going on in so many precious people's lives. For all who are hurting, my heart is crying out for Jesus to be your rock, fortress, deliverer, shield, horn of salvation, and stronghold during this time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I covet your prayers!