Sunday, July 19, 2009

My 10 Compliments

I recently read one of my friends blogs in which she made a good point....we often think kind things about other people, but we do not always voice our compliments to the people. I wanted to steal her idea and write out the first 10 compliments that come to mind. Here we go!

1. West Campus Praise Team- I want to compliment each of you on your dedication! I don't know if any of the members actually read my blog, but I am always so impressed with how they use their talents to lead people into the presence of God with humility.
2. Jessica- I tell you this all the time, but you inspire me! Thank you for your heart for the Lord and for so freely sharing your love and talents with so many around you. I love you and can't wait to see how God uses you in your future journey! I will call you..even if it's $20/minute.:)
3. Caroline- Thank you for being real and allowing me to be raw with you. I love that we don't have to do anything special....I just enjoy your company. Thanks for all your advise and for allowing me to trust you! :) I want you to know that I think you are a fantastic wife and mommy too!
4. Donna- You are one of my heroes! I admire the witness that you are....you are such a Godly woman and I know the Lord is pleased with you.
5. Jen C- You make me laugh, thank you! Also to Jon, great job with the youth!
6. Kurt- You do a great job at keeping Matthew sane. You are great friend to him...and me, we appreciate you. I'm so glad you're predestined! LOL! :)
7. Susan I.- You are so creative! I love how you use your creativity for God's glory. You rock!
8. Tina- You are a great teacher/administrator both in your career and in ministry. Your efforts do not go unnoticed.
9. Kathy R.- You are so sincere, genuine, and trustworthy. I appreciate your honesty and friendship.
10. My small group girls, Carrie, Brooke S., Lyn, Carol, Erin, Jen, & Erica. You are so much fun to be around. I look forward to our time together every Sunday night.
11. Christine-I LOVE your voice! Wednesday night was so refreshing!

Oop! 1 more! I saved the best for last...
12. Matthew- You are such a fantastic husband. I don't know why God decided to bless me with you, but I am totally thankful. Your love for the Lord and your humble leadership in our marriage, and in ministry are a blessing. You make me so proud! I love you!

Just as Rachel challenged me, I will challenge you to compliment 10 people and bless their lives either through blog, e-mail, phone, or in person. Once you start it is hard to stop....I could think of so many more nice things to say to people, but I already exceeded my limit! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog!

K Hartley said...

Wow, I'm in awe! What a great idea.

I am far too guilty of not verbally acknowledging when people do wonderful things... and this from someone whose love language is 'words of affirmation'.

Thanks for recognizing me. We both cherish your friendship as well!