As I sit here eating my much needed Blue Bell Butter Pecan ice cream (for all you Blue Bell fans, it's NOT as good as "The Great Divide")...... I know, I'm pathetic!
ANYWAY, I was sitting here thinking about my day and I just wanted to brag on my class for a minute. Since I'm home alone... and I cannot stand talking on the phone... I thought I'd share with you!
I have got the sweetest group of children in my class this year! I feel very fortunate to have such a great group. There is one boy in particular that just really stands out and I just love him to pieces. There is something so different and so special about this child..... he has Jesus in his heart AND IT SHOWS! It is amazing the impact an 8 year old can make on his/her classmates. He has been through a whole lot is his little life, but he is such a positive example. He has really touched my life as well. He doesn't necessarily go around telling all of his classmates about Jesus, but he shows Jesus through his actions. He is honest, caring, giving, helpful, and so compassionate. These traits are sometimes odd to find in children at this age because many children are so self-centered at 7/8 years old. The other children in the class seem to really attract to his genuine personality, I think that's so neat to watch.
I always love to think about what the children in my class will be like when they are grown up. I was thinking about this today while they were playing at recess. There are some children you can just look at and see such great qualities in them as grown-ups. You can predict what they will look like and even the kind of parent/spouse they will become. Others are not so predictable. I'm so thankful because my class this year just seems to be such a positive, stable, and loving group....hopefully they will stay that way so I will not have to worry about whose going to be taking care of me when I'm 80! What goes around comes around, right?! No, but really, I feel very blessed with a wonderful class, praise God!
Although, on a final note, I did have one of my SECOND GRADERS ask me how many legs a dog has today. I thought maybe I was hearing her question wrong so I asked her to repeat herself two times, nope that was what she asked....kind of scary, I know. Maybe we should be worried about who will be taking care of us. At least they'll be sweet!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment