Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Joy of Being a Teacher

Okay, so I have to tell you what one of my students said today......this is along the same lines as the child asking me "How many legs do a dog have?"

So today during math, my kids were working with partners and I had just split them up and had them find a comfortable place to sit with their partner. Almost immediately one of my boys came up to me and with his squeaky, low, sssllllloooowwwww voice he said.....

"Mrrrsss. Biiissshhhooooppp, I haavvee snnnottt ooon myy pannttss." So I said, "Let me see." I'm not kidding ya'll, there was a circle of snot on his pants the size of a fist. So I said, "Well honey, how did you get that much snot on your pants?" He said, "IIIII dooon't knoooow, myyyy nossse muuussstt haaavve beeen reeeeaaally runnnny." So I said, "Is your nose runny today?" He said, "Nooo noott toooo ruunnny toooday." So I said, "Well sweetie, what do you think we should do? I don't think your mom will be able to leave work to bring you a new pair of pants. Did you not notice that you had a big blob of snot on your pants this morning when you got dressed?" He said, "I thhhoouugghht thhat was whaat it waaas, buuut I diiidddnn't taaasste iitt unntiill nooow!" I about fell over!!! So I said, what can we do about it? I don't want to touch it." He said, "Wellll, I waaaas thhiinnkkiinngg I coooooould goooo to thaaat siiiiink baaaack thhheerrree annnnnd tttrrryyy to ccllleeaan it ooooff." I said, "Wow, that's a fantastic idea! Go back there and get a wet paper towel and try to wipe it off."

Oh my goodness!! I thought I was going to die! Sorry for the annoying spelling, I just wanted you to have the full affect......he talks reeeaaaallllyy slow.

That was my prize conversation for today... I won't tell mom about that one!

No comments: