Friday, November 7, 2008

I Don't Deserve Him!

I came home today and my husband was in the kitchen wiping the counters. He had just finished swiffering the floors, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, and cleaning the leaves up in the back yard. The washer and dryer were running and some of the laundry was even hanging. I don't deserve that!!

Sometimes I feel so bad because I am just not that thoughtful. He does things just so I won't have to. I wish I weren't so type A! My personality will not allow change or spontaneity. I drive myself crazy so I'm sure I drive him crazy too. I feel so guilty when he does kind things for me because I feel like I am just not as good at showing my love to him. It's almost like I want to love him on my agenda (because you all know I have one).

Oh well, I just wanted to share how humbled I was this afternoon. I really have such a phenomenal husband and I don't ever want to take him for granted. I'm praying that God will show me how to love him in return. Sometimes I feel like I fail miserably. He never complains, and probably never would, but I still feel like I fall short too often. I need to embrace the moment and not worry about everything else. I love people who can do that, my husband is one of them!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how sweet, thoughtful, and precious!