That was just what we did yesterday! My friend, Carrie and I went to Commerce yesterday to go shopping at the outlets. Man, we shopped hard! It was great!
There are few people that I enjoy shopping with, Carrie is definitely one of them. We have the same taste so naturally we like to shop at the same stores. We found lots of good deals and even got the share the savings of "buy one, get one 50% off"..... now that's smart shopping (at least that's what I told Matthew). I still spent way too much money, but it was worth it just to have a day away.
The best part of my trip was not the shopping though, it was the time I got to spend with my sweet friend. There are so few people that I feel like I can totally be myself around. I am so thankful that God has put Carrie in my life because I can just be ME around her. I do not have to worry about what she thinks, or how I say what I say....she knows my heart, and understands that I am human and I have many flaws.....and she puts up with me anyway!
I have always found it hard to open up to people because you don't know who you can trust. So for me, I look at Carrie's friendship as a God-send. God sent her to West Campus shortly before Rick left, and I honestly feel that part of the reason that God sent her there was for me. I can't do life alone, I never have done life alone, and I don't intend to start now. I need my sisters in Christ more than ever, so I am thankful that she allows me to vent and just be real when I am with her. I think we also share a lot of the same personality traits which makes it easy for us to understand one another. What a blessing! Thank you Jesus!
Anyway, I could go on and on...... our trip was fantastic! I did not get quite as much Christmas shopping done as intended, I think I let my selfishness take over, oops! There's always the day before Thanksgiving for that, right Brooke! (my other God-send). I will wear her ear out that day, but it's OK because I know she loves me anyway too! Cheers to good friends and happy shopping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh yes...what a fun trip it was!! :) And what a sweet blog. It's funny because I see things from the opposite end...I think God put YOU in my life!! I do feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful friend in you and I look forward to all that God has planned for us to lean on and support each other through. Love ya, chick!
I am so glad you had fun!!! I am happy for you both to have such good friends in each other (:
Post a Comment