I am finally beginning to feel like myself again. I have slept a lot since I've been home....makes me so thankful for summer vacation. I felt bad for those who had to return the work 3-4 hours after we got home, yuck! I was looking at some pictures from our trip today and that's where I came up with the title of today's entry.
We built a church of cinder blocks and mortar, it was tough work but a lot of fun. We did not complete the church since we were only there for a week, but we really got a lot accomplished. My first job was a "leveler," I made sure each block was level before moving to the next. After being a "leveler" I was fired then somehow promoted to a "crack filler." As the "crack filler" I made sure the the cracks between each block were filled with mortar so the building would be stable and the walls would be strong.
As a was thinking about this today, I kind of chuckled to myself because we all came up with names for our jobs. I thought "crack filler" was a pretty funny name. Then the more I thought about it, I thought isn't that what God does for us? He fills all of the cracks that we have in our lives to keep us strong and stable. He can also keep us level if you look to Him for guidance. Pretty cool, huh!
Don't know why I thought of this and I didn't have any earth shattering news to share today so I thought I'd give you some insight on how my mind works.
Here's my verse for today--1Cor.3:10-11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment