Today was a great day! One thing I love about Sundays is our small group that meets on Sunday nights. Matthew and I look forward to that time every week. We are doing study of the book of Genesis. I have read that book of the Bible so many times, but it is amazing how God shows me something new every time I read it.
Tonight, we were talking about the flood in chapter 6. One thing that we were talking about was the faith that Noah must have had in order the follow God's leading in building the ark. God gave Noah very specific directions on how to build the ark and how to fill the ark. At this point in scripture, there had never been rain. What kind of faith must Noah have had to believe that God was going to bring a FLOOD to a land that had NEVER even experienced rain? Can you imagine what Noah must have been thinking??? He was probably so confused, but he was faithful anyway. I thought that was pretty interesting to think about. It also made me question my own faith....would I have done that? Much like Noah, we are called to be faithful even when things may not make sense....
Verse for today--John 20:29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment