Sunday, July 6, 2008

Preparing the Way

Well, we are leaving at 2:00 am for our mission trip to Honduras. We are more than excited to be on our way! God has a way of making all things possible and I truly believe that when He gives you a mission, He will also make a way. He shows me his faithfulness and His provision every single day.

When we began to discuss this summer's mission, I knew Honduras was where my heart was. Matthew and I both committed to go and knew that God would make it possible. The finances were there and so was the calling/desire.....so what could get in the way? ....Filing your taxes! After realizing we owed _,_ _ _._ _ in taxes this year, I thought there was no way for both of us to go. By God's grace and through the Holy Spirit speaking into the lives of some very special people, my trip was paid in full and we are both able to go!

The Lord is truly amazing and His plans are so much better than mine (I have to tell myself that everyday). I cannot wait to see His plan unfold this week and thank Him in advance for making this mission, as well as so many others in my life possible!

No comments: