There are only 27 more days of school left and I can hardly wait! I LOVE summer vacation. Matthew and I will be headed to Pawley's Island the first week of summer...so excited! We thought about going on a cruise, but we really wanted to go with other people and that just didn't work out. It is probably for the better since our alone time is pretty limited. Matthew decided he was more "into" the beach idea than a cruise, he said he just wants to relax and have no agenda. I don't blame him and I know he needs it. Hopefully our departure will go a little more smoothly this year.....
In the meantime I am totally loving my class! I'm gonna miss them so much next year. It seems like every other year is a really good group. Hopefully next year will be just as pleasant. I also love the people that I teach with. I have such a good team...so thankful for them. Today the second grade teachers started our workout program after school. We are doing kickboxing in the gym everyday after school. We had a lot of fun today. I think I can hang....it was pretty easy today so I'm hoping it gets more intense as we progress. One of the second grade teacher is the owner of a Tae-Kwan-Do gym in Mauldin so she is leading our "workout program." I love doing it at school and with other people. I just go in the bathroom after school and change and workout....it's much better than trying to get motivated after coming home. I also love the feeling of coming home and being "done" for the day. I have been kind of slack about working out lately because we have been so busy. I can't stand the way I feel when I am slacking. I can't stand the way my pants feel either! It's also good because we start right at three o'clock so if I do have something to do I still have the rest of the afternoon to do it, perfect! I hope it continues without fizzling out.
Something else that's exciting for me is the Women's Retreat this weekend! We will be leaving on Friday around noon for a weekend in Charleston, I can't wait. I always have so much fun on the retreats! I have the best roommates in the world too so that's a huge plus! On Saturday we have the afternoon to do whatever we would like...I think shopping is on the agenda, yay! I feel like I need a weekend getaway to refresh and refocus, I know it will be great! I am also taking Monday off to relax and recover, aahh. I saved my two personal days just for this weekend and it has FINALLY come.
Matthew is doing well too. He has been very busy lately with his school semester coming to an end. He is actually in class right now and I think next Monday night is his last class. He will be going up the KY in a couple of weeks to take another three day class then he will be done for the summer. His last semester will be in the fall, then graduation.... Praise the Lord!!!! He is still trying to perfect his skateboarding techniques so he goes to the skate park whenever he has spare time which is pretty much never....maybe once or twice a month. He did his fourth funeral today for one of the seniors that passed in our church. I wasn't there, but I'm sure it went well. He stays on the go most of the time, but he absolutely loves what he's doing. He's so passionate and motivated, he continues to amaze me everyday.
That's us! God is so good and we are so thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment