Friday, August 22, 2008

Kids Say the Funniest Things!

Sorry the picture is so small, I had to scan it into my computer and I couldn't figure out how to enlarge it. So, as many of you know, this was my first week back to school with kids. I survived!! My class seems very sweet, maybe not future rocket scientists, but really sweet.

I have a story to share about this picture. On Tuesday, I gave my students a small paper bag and had them decorate it to tell about themselves then put 5 small items in it to bring to school to share with the class the next day.

So on Wednesday several students had their turn and they all brought in some interesting things to tell about themselves or places they visited over the summer. Finally, this little (big) black boy stands up to share his bag. He was just smiling so proud while he shared his toy dump truck, fire truck, cement truck, mac truck. Then he pulls out this picture and as proud as can be says, "and this is a picture of my mama." I was in the back of the room so I kind of squinted to see.... and couldn't figure out what it was. Turns out it's a picture of his mom's leg! I lost it...you had to be there, but he thought it was totally ligit. It gave me a good laugh and since I haven't met his mother yet, at least now I know what to look for right.

No comments: