Sunday, January 25, 2009

Why?

This is something that has been on my mind for a while, and it just keeps coming back to me....

Why do some children have to go through SO much especially when they are so young? My heart is broken for the situations that some children are living in every day. It is so sad what some children face. They are so small and innocent, but in many cases they have overcome more than I will in my entire lifetime. It just doesn't seem fair or right and it certainly is not something that I can comprehend.

My class this year has many unique cases, and God has used this group to heighten my awareness, and to give me compassion. It has also made me very frustrated with these parents that are not taking care of their children.....I hate the fact that there are children that live in fear every night of abuse within the home, children who go to sleep at night to the sound of gun shots in the neighborhood, children whose parents are addicted to drugs, children dealing with divorce, children who are not being taught right from wrong, children who are hungry, and children who don't know where they are going to sleep from one night to the next, children who have never felt stability, safety, and unconditional love. It totally breaks my heart! The thought of a poor child having to go through all of these things....and the saddest part of all is that they think it is normal. I just can't stand it!

I say all this to say, I know some foster children right now that really need our prayers. One of them is an 8 year old child who paces the floors at night in fear of having to go back to birth mom, it kills me! This is one of many, I know. Please join with me in prayer for them. Pray for their living situations, their future, pray for God to break in on their lives and do a mighty work in and through them to break this vicious cycle. Pray for rights to be terminated with the birth mother, God willing. Pray for guarded hearts and understanding. Pray that God would direct their path and lead them to the perfect place, Pray that they would not grow up to be angry at the situations that they are in, but that they would use it for God's glory.

God is greater than all of these situations and He certainly has the power to help these children overcome. There is no doubt in my mind that God has something amazing in store for them if they choose to follow. Pray for His grace to pour over them, and pray that I would be open to however and wherever God wants to use me to love these children as well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to witness. I do know that when Rick was in that type of situation, teachers had a tremendous impact on him. In fact, some were honored in our wedding.Keep up the work you do!