Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So, I Married a Skater?

So..we headed out to Sam's to get the veggie tray for the party tomorrow night and as we got off on Woodruff Rd., Matthew got in the left hand turning lane instead of the right...so I said, "Sam's is that way." He said, "I know, I wanted to make a quick stop somewhere else before we go to Sam's." He would not tell me where he wanted to go. We pull into this shopping center with two restaurants and a few random stores that I had never been to. I knew we weren't going to the restaurants because we had already eaten (remember, I cooked.....sandwiches and canned soup). So, he parks the car and goes into this skate shop....yes, a skate shop....in his dress pants, dress shoes, and collared shirt.

I decided to wait in the car because I thought he was just going to see what the store had, etc. He's in there about 10 minutes and my cell phone rings. He says, "Do you mind if I buy one?" I said, "buy what?" He said, "a skateboard." I was cracking up.....I said, "you've got to be kidding me!" Needless to say, Matthew bought himself a skateboard tonight.....SCARY, I KNOW...that means pray for him!

So we're driving down the road after he makes his purchase and he proceeded to tell me that the guy in the store asked him if he had any skate shoes...of course, Matthew said "no." Then he asked him if he had any pads or a helmet... again, Matthew said, "no." Matthew told the guy that he better not buy all of that stuff tonight and the guy let him know that he probably needed to have that stuff before actually USING the skateboard. Then the guy asked him what his wife thought about his decision to start skating.....ha, ha! I got a kick out of that.

I'm not sure what inspired him to do this, but I think it's pretty humorous. He has been talking about wanting to skateboard again, but I didn't really think he was serious. You know, there are lots of things that I used to do as a kid that I'd like to try again....but I guess he's more courageous than I am. I don't think he has gotten on a skateboard since middle school. I'd love to be fly on the wall at the skate park. It won't take long for him to realize that his body doesn't move quite like it used to. We do have insurance....thank goodness!

I just thought this was too funny not to share....Gotta love him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!